I would love to connect with you about upcoming speaking opportunities.
I'm available to speak at in-person and virtual events, ranging from large conference keynotes to intimate book studies. Each talk is customized based on your needs and budget.
For more details on what these engagements look like, check out my upcoming and past speaking engagements, listed below.
Want to talk about your interests and needs? Send me a note at email@example.com.
- Thu, Nov 16HonoluluNov 16, 8:00 AM – Nov 17, 5:00 PMHonolulu, 1801 Kalākaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, USAThe Schools of the Future conference is the largest annual gathering of Hawaiʻi's educators and administrators, with a focus on the best and emerging practices in education. I am delighted to serve as one of this year's featured speakers!
- Tue, Jun 13Austin, TX, USAJun 13, 8:00 AM – Jun 14, 8:00 AMAustin, TX, USAI am thrilled to join University of Texas-University Charter School community, a charter school district in Texas, as they begin their 2023-2024 school year. UT-UCS operates schools in residential treatment centers, psychiatric hospital, residential homes, shelters, medical facilities, and more.
- Tue, Jun 13Des MoinesJun 13, 8:00 AM – Jun 15, 5:00 PMDes Moines, Des Moines, IA, USAThe 2023 Iowa Education Conference (IEC) is designed to support school leadership teams, educators, and their organizational partners, to prepare all learners for their future at every step of their educational journey.
- Sun, May 14EdwardsvilleMay 14, 10:00 AM – May 15, 11:00 AMEdwardsville, Edwardsville, IL, USAWhat a gift! I get to go into my kids' summer camp and train all counselors on the 10 Whole Life practices covered in "Whole Child, Whole Life: 10 Ways to Help Kids Live, Learn, and Thrive."
- Fri, May 12DetroitMay 12, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AMDetroit, Renaissance Center, 400 Renaissance Dr W, Detroit, MI 48243, USAA decade ago, I left local practice to become a senior fellow with the Forum for Youth Investment. I look forward to their national meetings as places to connect with the country's most inspiring changemakers. This roundtable discussion will focus on my new book, Whole Child, Whole Life.
- Tue, May 02WebinarMay 02, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM CDTWebinarThis webinar is for Brown School social work students and alumni. Focused on content from "Whole Child, Whole Life," this session will explore ways social workers can apply a whole child lens to their work, and unpack ten proven practices that enable young people and their families to thrive.
- Wed, Jan 04Moloka‘i, Hawaii, USAJan 04, 8:00 AM HST – Jan 05, 5:00 PM HSTMoloka‘i, Hawaii, USAMolokai is where my education lineage begins. I am Native Hawaiian, and generations ago my aunties were teachers on Molokai. This January, I will travel to my "roots" to speak with and support educators across this island. This includes a keynote, community meetings, and student conversations.
- Wed, Dec 07WaimeaDec 07, 2022, 8:00 AM HST – Dec 08, 2022, 5:00 PM HSTWaimea, 9555 Huakai Rd, Waimea, HI 96796, USAThis year, I'm supporting the Waimea Canyon school community as they develop a Portrait of a Middle School Learner. During this in-person time, we will refine the portrait and hold a series of community conversations. On-site professional development will focus on portrait implementation.
- Thu, Nov 17WebinarNov 17, 2022, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CSTWebinarI am thrilled to be the opening keynote speaker for this year's Camp Fire virtual conference. Camp Fire is a national nonprofit and leader in positive youth development. Through local councils, Camp Fire offers school-year and summer programs focusing on inclusive fun and leadership development.
- Wed, Nov 16WebinarNov 16, 2022, 3:00 PM EST – Nov 17, 2022, 4:00 PM ESTWebinarThis Youth Transition Funders Group webinar features researchers from the Urban Institute, along with Family Values at Work. Across the US, millions of young people have caretaking responsibilities and are often heads of households. This conversation explores the benefits and protections they need.
- Thu, Sep 29Illinois Eastern Community CollegeSep 29, 2022, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM CDTIllinois Eastern Community College, 2200 College Dr, Mt Carmel, IL 62863, USAI'm so excited to speak to teachers and counselors in the region where my children go to school. During this keynote address, I'll focus on how to prioritize student well-being this school year and the important connections between college and career readiness, and long and livable lives.
- Tue, Sep 27WebinarSep 27, 2022, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDTWebinarI'll join colleagues as a panelist for this Funders Together to End Homelessness event to share a multi-funder initiative my colleague Maddy Day and I co-facilitate, which is focused on the educational success of youth who experience homelessness, foster care, and the justice system.
- Wed, Sep 21WebinarSep 21, 2022, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDTWebinarAs a YTFG staff consultant, I facilitate convos between some of the smartest education, employment, and workforce development leaders. This convo is co-hosted by the Families and Workers Fund and Workforce Matters, featuring Jobs For the Future and the National Youth Employment Coalition.
- Sun, Sep 18EdwardsvilleSep 18, 2022, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM CDTEdwardsville, 112 S Kansas St, Edwardsville, IL 62025, USAFinally! After launching a book from my basement two years ago, I get to be a part of an IRL book festival. This local festival draws readers and writers from across St. Louis and the Metro-East.
- Fri, Jun 03O‘ahu, Hawaii, USAJun 03, 2022, 7:00 PM HSTO‘ahu, Hawaii, USAEducation leaders from across the Hawaiian Islands have engaged in a year-long leadership course. This culminating event will celebrate their extraordinary efforts to support students and run schools during these challenging times.
- Tue, May 31HonoluluMay 31, 2022, 9:00 AM HST – Jun 03, 2022, 4:00 PM HSTHonolulu, 2445 Kaala St, Honolulu, HI 96822, USAFutureproof: Designing Learning so Students can Thrive in a Changing and Challenging World is the theme of the 2022 Kupu Hou Academy, a four-day fully experiential professional development experience, which I will be co-facilitating with Kupu Hou staff, on beautiful Oahu, Hawaiʻi.
- Wed, Apr 13Virtual EventApr 13, 2022, 9:30 AM – 11:00 AMVirtual EventChildren's librarians do much more than choosing books for the shelves. They are a vital resource and support for the kids in your community. I'll be joining SWAY, a network of local youth librarians, to talk about what the research from Making It means for their community-based setting.
- Thu, Apr 07Virtual ConveningApr 07, 2022, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM HSTVirtual ConveningI'll be giving a new talk to Hawaii counselors and advisors, "Whole Child, Whole Life: What Today's Kids Need to Live, Learn, and Thrive." This builds from my latest research and writing, focused on what we can do to help kids thrive in changing and challenging times.