- Tue, Aug 31WebinarScience and Strategies for Supporting Our Tweens and Teens in Pandemic Recovery and a Rapidly Changing WorldFor this second Brown School of Social Work Open Classroom, available to alumni and students, I'll discuss how the past two years and pandemic schooling and life may impact the well-being and future planning of our young people.
- Fri, Sep 24CDF Haley FarmsChildren's Defense Fund Staff RetreatI'm thrilled to be joining the CDF team this fall at their strategy retreat. Together we will grapple with the needs of today's youth, their futures, and what we all must do to realize racial justice and child and youth well-being in America.
- Wed, Dec 01EdwardsvilleKeynote for the Southwestern Illinois School Counselor Association (SWISCA)School counselors and student support staff have faced unprecedented challenges and stress over the past two school years. This keynote will focus on what counselors need to know and practice in order to best support themselves and their students now and in the rapidly-changing future.
- Fri, Feb 04MinnesotaKeynote for the Minnesota Association of Alternative ProgramsEvery kid learns differently, and not all young people thrive in a traditional high school model. I'm thrilled to join Minnesota's alternative educators this February to share why alternative education programs are more important than ever before.
- July 9, July 23, July 30, August 6 @ 2ETWSCB Virtual Community PlatformI'm joining forces with the "What Schools Could Be" community this summer (2021) to offer a first-ever virtual book club on Making It. Together, we'll process what happened during the pandemic, and use the book as a way to make sense of things and start planning for the future.